The Clay County Supervisor of Elections verifies thousands of initiative petitions each year signed by Clay County voters. Sponsors of these initiatives must secure the required number of valid signatures in order to be placed on a Presidential or Gubernatorial General Election ballot.
Pursuant to Florida Statute 100.371(11)(b), Clay County’s actual cost of signature verification of an initiative petition is $0.32.
Visit the Division of Elections – Florida Department of State website for a list of current initiative petitions as well as the Florida initiative petition process, forms, procedures, rules, and more.
Candidates who wish to qualify by the petition method must secure the required number of valid signatures in order to be placed on an upcoming election ballot.
The cost of verification of a candidate petition is $0.10.
What Petition Form Should Candidates Use?
- Candidates are required to use Form DS-DE 104 Candidate Petition (Spanish) to obtain signatures of registered voters.
- A separate petition is required for each candidate.
- Candidates are responsible for reproducing the petition.
Can the Form be Altered?
- Form DS-DE 104 (Spanish) may be reproduced to include the candidate's information and/or the voter's information.
- Form DS-DE 104 may be resized within the Division's requirements (no smaller than 3 inches by 5 inches and no larger than 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches), but the format or wording may not be changed.
- Multiple petitions can be included per page. BUT, prior to presenting petitions to be verified by the Supervisor of Elections, the petitions must be separated.
- Political disclaimers are not required on petition forms.